Characteristics of Gifted Children:
- "Common Characteristics of Gifted Individuals." Common Characteristics of Gifted Individuals | National Association for Gifted Children
- Kingore, Bertie. “High Achiever, Gifted Learner, Creative Thinker.” High Achiever, Gifted Learner, Creative Thinker
Social/Emotional Needs of Gifted Children:
- Lind, Sharon. “Overexcitability and the Gifted.” SENG, SENG-Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted, 12 Oct. 2016
- “Myths about Gifted Students.” Myths about Gifted Students | National Association for Gifted Children
- Siegle, Del. “Gifted Children's Bill of Rights.” Gifted Children's Bill of Rights | National Association for Gifted Children
- Webb, James T, et al. “Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis of Gifted Children.” SENG, SENG-Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted, 26 Feb. 2017
- National Association for Gifted Children (Resources Page)
- University of Connecticut NEAG School of Education
- Renzulli Center for Creativity, Gifted Education, and Talent Development
Here are several additional websites that I find to be valuable. If you find other sites to share, please email me so I can add them. Thanks!
- New Jersey Association for Gifted Children
- Mission: The New Jersey Association for Gifted Children will promote excellence and leadership in gifted education through appropriate programs, resource networks and community advocacy.
- NJAGC offers an excellent annual conference in March/April, which includes sessions on gifted education, advocacy, and social/emotional characteristics.
- Gifted Child Society
- The Gifted Child Society is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1957 by parents of New Jersey to further the cause of gifted children.
- GCS has provided 100 fellowships for NJ teachers to attend Confratute at NEAG/UConn.
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page is the comprehensive resource for education of gifted children, for parents, for teachers, for administrators and other educators, counselors and psychologists, and even for the gifted kids themselves.
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- SENG is dedicated to fostering environments in which gifted adults and children, in all their diversity, understand and accept themselves and are understood, valued, nurtured, and supported by their families, schools, workplaces and communities.
- Uniquely Gifted
- This site addresses the needs of students who are twice-exceptional, that is, intellectually gifted children with special needs such as AD/HD, learning disabilities, Asperger Syndrome, etc.
- Prufrock Press
- Prufrock Press offers award-winning products focused on gifted education, gifted children, and advanced academic education.
- Brainy toys for kids of all ages
- Center for Talented Youth
- Since 1979, the Center for Talented Youth at Johns Hopkins University has focused on the needs of students with exceptionally high academic abilities.
- Summer Institute for the Gifted
- Summer Institute for the Gifted offers summer courses in a college setting (day programs as well as overnight) for gifted students aged 4-18.